2017 Street Fair Vendor Information Page
If you are an artist / vendor confirmed to participate in the 2017 Sequim Lavender Festival – THIS PAGE IS FOR YOU!!
Quick Links / Info
Copy of Vendor Agreement (this is what you signed and agreed to when you applied through ZAPPlications.)
STREET FAIR CONTACTS
- Lavender Festival office 360-681-3035 (leave a message, someone will return your call)
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introduction / Background
Welcome to the 21st Sequim Lavender Festival and the Lavender Capital of North America®, produced by the Sequim Lavender Growers Association™
During the 3 day Festival Weekend please consider yourself as a “Lavender Festival Ambassador” – informative, friendly and helpful.
The Sequim Lavender Festival®, in addition to the Street Fair, will promote a free lavender farm tour and many regional attractions covering hundreds of square miles in Sequim and the surrounding Dungeness Valley. In addition, there are many events and attractions occurring during the same weekend, which the city of Sequim has included in its “Sequim Lavender Weekend” promotional program. For all of these opportunities, please go to www.visitsunnysequim.com, a Part of Sequim Lavender Weekend.
You can assist the visitor’s, your fellow Festival participants, Sequim and the Sequim Lavender Growers Association by patiently answering their questions to the best of your knowledge and/or referring them to the Sequim Lavender Festival Information Booths for more information, maps and brochures. Please visit our website, www.lavenderfestival.com for the most up-to-date information.
Everything you will need to know is on this page somewhere… and if it’s not here yet, it will be! We’re adding to this page frequently, right up to the event date – so come back often and check out the new additions!
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to make last minute changes that may be required to accommodate festival participants/vendor needs. The Sequim Lavender Festival Committee works very hard to ensure a good flow of vendors and that no two type of vendors are right next to each other. No small task! NO BOOTH CHANGES CAN BE MADE AT THIS POINT.
Please read the important information below very carefully – your awareness of and compliance with this information is critical to a smooth and successful festival for all of us!
PLEASE READ: THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW!!
NEW THIS YEAR!!! Fire Marshall Check Off
The Fire Marshall will be checking booths all day on Thursday. Once you are finished setting up your booth, you will be reviewed by the Fire Marshall. Sign off by the Fire Marshall MUST OCCUR BEFORE YOU LEAVE! You will not be allowed to open for business on Friday morning unless you are cleared by the Fire Marshall and get a sticker on your booth number! This will be strictly enforced, so please don’t ask for an exception – no really, don’t even ask. Remember: No overhangs or awnings due to Fire Department regulations (except on the field).
- Prior to April 1 Booth Fee Deadline:
$25 deduction from your booth fees
- April 2 to April 30, 2017:
$75.00 deduction from your booth fees
- May 1 to May 31, 2017:
$200.00 deduction from your booth fees
- June 1, 2017 to Event Date:
No cancellation refunds
Be a Good Festival Citizen
We expect you to bring your best self to the Lavender Festival! You know… that person in you that is fun, easy to get along with, follows directions and treats the volunteers and the staff with politeness, kindness and patience. Please note that if you bring that crabby, rude, defiant version of your self to the Lavender Festival, neither your best self or your crabby self will be invited back again next year.
Your booth number is shown at the bottom of this email. (S= Standard, C=Corner, D=Double) We did our best to accommodate requests for same space as last year, corners, close to the bathroom, no sun, lots of sun and being next to your friends. PLEASE note there could be slight changes between now and Festival date.
Final Booth Numbers will be in given to you when you check in on Thursday during Load-In. You must display the number in a visible place on the front of the booth in the upper left corner. THIS IS REQUIRED BY THE FIRE DEPARTMENT AND YOU MUST DISPLAY YOUR NUMBER ON THE FRONT OF YOUR BOOTH. The booth numbers will be collected on Sunday so we can use them again next year.
Load In Groups / Schedule
Participant/Vendor Load-In will occur in shifts on Thursday, July 20th based on booth number and side of the street. See the STREET FAIR MAP. We appreciate your adherence to this schedule – it will make the process run smoothly and efficiently.
* Booths 1 – 90 are on the North Side * * Booths 91 – 175 are on the South Side *
- FIELD – all booths load in Group F – 9:30 am
- North Side Odd Numbered Booths are Load in Group A 10:00 am
- South Side Odd Numbered Booths are Load in Group B 12:00 noon
- North Side Even Numbered Booths are Load in Group C 2:00 pm
- South Side Even Numbered Booths are Load in Group D 4:00 pm
** One Parking Permit will be given to you at Load-In on Thursday ** Parking is on a first come, first served basis. Each Booth will receive ONE PARKING PERMIT for the nearby High School parking lots. If you are bringing a second car, please plan to park on the streets walking distance from the Festival Site. ADDITIONAL Vendor Parking will be available at Sequim Middle School.
(Only for Booths 90-174) If you are using electricity in your booth and plug into an Outlet, you will be charged $40 and you are required by the Fire Inspector to cover your cords from your booth to the Outlet Box (pool noodles work well, so bring them) per Fire Code Regulations.
It is very important that you sell only the handmade items that were juried by the Sequim Lavender Festival Committee. Those attempting to sell imports or consignments will be asked to pull products and may not be asked to attend future events. We reserve the right to close booths that do not comply with this requirement.
The Festival will be open to the public from 9:00AM-7:00PM Friday/Saturday and 9:00AM-5:00PM on Sunday. We open the festival at 9:00AM because there are many early bird customers, even on Sunday. All Vendor vehicles must be off Fir Street each morning by 8:30AM. Please, no packing up before 5:00PM on Sunday.
During the event, everyone should be aware of safety and security issues. Please report suspicious behavior, and take the initiative to call 911 on your cell phone immediately to report any emergency. The Festival provides each Street Fair Participant a booth number to attach to the front of your booth so emergency personnel can easily find your space.
There will be a first aid booth this year located at Alder Street & 2nd Ave. beside the main stage, supported by our local Fire Department.
Private Security has been hired to provide security at night. Each evening Vendors are required to secure ALL FOUR SIDES of their booth with flaps, sides, tarps, clips, etc. and do what’s necessary to protect stall goods. You can use “blue” tarps at night, but not during the hours of the event. The Festival is not responsible for your booth or contents.
Booths are required and must have at least 30 lbs. of weight secured on each booth corner for safety/weather reasons. Sequim can receive high winds in the summer, even when the weather is beautiful. This is one of those times when more is better!
Each morning, there will be a short period between 7:00AM-8:30AM when Vendors with Parking Permits can bring a vehicle onto Fir Street to unload needed items. All vehicles must be off the street by 8:30AM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. PLEASE HAVE PARKING PERMIT SHOWING FOR ADMITTANCE TO STREET.
- There are no dogs allowed in booths.
- No smoking is allowed in or near booth. This event is a smoke free event. Participants who violate these rules may be closed and not permitted at the festival in future years.
- Sales are to take place only inside the booth space. No selling items in space behind the booth and no ‘roaming’ the street with product or marketing material for sale or promotional.
- Storage of stock can be behind the booth but there must be a three foot walkway behind the booth. This is for other vendors to re-stock their booths and for staff access for emergencies.
- North Side Vendors – Please do not secure your tent to the fence. The EMTs will remove those lines in order to quickly get through the street in an emergency.
- Retail Sales Tax rate in Sequim, WA is 8.7%. You are responsible for State of Washington Department of Revenue Registration. The tax code for the City of Sequim: 0503. Please use this code when reporting your sales. If you have questions, or if Sales Tax Collection Schedules are needed, please go to the Department of Revenue web site at dor.wa.gov or call at 1-800-647-7706.
- You MUST have a Seller’s permit and be prepared to show it if asked.
- There is no Wi-Fi available.